Hello, I have some questions about the rules. I'm actually quite new to ttrpgs so I might have additional questions in the future. But for now, I have these:
1. I’m feeling confused on how to create the narrative. Is it mainly based on the four Actions from the Trainer sheet? When catching Pokemon or battling, are these considered as Actions? I’m most concerned about the narrative becoming too simple (lacking frequent conflicts). Are we required to make our story as challenging as the official Pokemon games?
2. Can we play Pokemon Tales with just one player, and a Guide? Or should there be multiple Players?
3. The rules mentions that there will be NPCs. Are they only used for Solo mode? Also, if they’re a Trainer, do they also gain tokens and have a Trainer sheet of their own? Can the NPCs also be non-Trainers?
4. I don’t quite understand the instructions for Connections on the Trainer sheet. Between my Trainer and another Trainer, who’s supposed to ask the questions, and who responds? Do I ask the Trainer about why they want/don’t want to travel with me, or do they ask me these questions?
5. For now, I have not learned how to utilize each sheet and aspect of the rules. Is it okay if I begin the story without fully knowing each component? (Weather, Locale etc.) Is it necessary for me to use every component for the story?
6. On the second Battle Format (? v 1!) it says, “The group of same species Pokemon can be treated as a singular Pokemon with increased difficulty.” How do I show that their difficulty has increased? Can it be interpreted freely?
7. This is kind of an extension of my first question lol. Does every detail or event we add need to fall under the Actions from the sheets? Like, does every scene we think of need to either make us gain or lose tokens?